Sunday, September 26, 2010

Project Runway: Season 8 Episode 9

(disclaimer: this is written more than twenty-four hours after watching the episode, so I don't have the best recollection of what happened)

The challenge was to create a couture look, using the inspiration from L'Oreal makeup. Tim Gunn said that velvet would be a challenge so, of course, Gretchen chose it, probably just to show off to the judges. And Michael Costello immediately had to start insulting her. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of Gretchen, but the insults from Michael C is getting annoying.

When they went to Mood for fabric, the little dog was there. What is with that dog? Has he been on any other season? Why is he there in the first place?

On day two of the challenge, Tim Gunn revealed a twist to the challenge. They had to create a second look, ready to wear. That just made me mad. Time restrictions and the amount of work the designers have to do looks exhausting, and I hate how they're being treated like they're in a sweat factory. Okay, I know it's not that bad, but you've got to admit that it is bad.

Now, onto the designs. I absolutely hated Gretchen's, and I do not understand how it got to be in the top. It was baggy, and the feathers looked ridiculous. And the hair... barf! The ready to wear look was a little bit better, but it was far from great. What were the judges thinking?!

Christopher definitely should have replaced Gretchen in the top. His design was so sweet and angel like! I loved the creme colors and lace on the couture dress, and it looked very well made. And the ready to wear look was so simple but goddess like. He definitely should have been on the top... Although I'm very happy with the winner!

I love Mondo. I've loved every single design of his... except for the first one, I admit. But I definitely fell in love during the Marie Claire challenge. I loved the corset thing he did on top with the pink stripes, and I loved how he used the same type of stripes in different colors. I love colors, just like him! And his ready to wear obviously was a stem off of his couture dress, but not so literal like Michael C's.

I liked how Michael C's ready to wear was such a mini me of his couture gown (although I wasn't a fan of the gown), but I would've preferred a different color. He went a little too literal, trying too hard to make the dresses "match."

Ivy's dress was just gruesome and she definitely deserved to go home. The dress looked like it was inside out and unfinished, and the blues did not go together. It was a horrible color combination and horribly sewn. And she said she had good construct capabilities. Yeah, right.

As for Valerie, I understood her meltdown. And I wasn't too blinded by her couture dress... but I'm just going to say that I didn't like her ready to wear. But I'm really happy that the judge's kept her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment